CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Life at the Mollotte House

My friends I grew up with were in town and we had a little BBQ. It was fantastic to see them all and they told me I should really be recording all these little "classics" about my children/animals. These are the happenings for the last week and a half or so.

Jande had her hometeachers over. Prior to the home teachers coming over, Kyla had to run out and get Brayden's shoes back as he had left them on the back porch and Kate came over to run off with them. Fast forward a couple hours. Chad says to their home teacher "um... did you lock your doors?" He said no (this is the country after all), and they looked out the window just in time to see Kate running back toward my house with some loot in her hand. She was then going through the other two cars of the company that we had at our house. She had rummaged through the poor home teacher's wallet and run off with his keys and cell phone. Should I be worried? Needless to say, I had to leave my car in Moses Lake after MY keys went missing while I was digging up flowers at Jodi's. I have a pretty sneaky suspicion who the culprit was. Nothing like a two year clepto! A couple weeks ago, I found her in my father-in-law's car eating the M&Ms he left and standing where she had just peed on the seat. Thank goodness they were leather!!

The commentary between Launa and I:

Launa: "Mom, you remember last night when Kate colored all over the carpet with your lip stick?"

Me: Yes, I remember that very well.

Launa: "You sounded like Mother Gothal from Tangled".

Me: Did I?

Launa: "Yeah. You know that one part, when she yells at Tangled "You are never leaving this tower -- NEVER!! That's what it reminded of when you were telling Kate 'You are never getting in here again -- NEVER!!'

We welcomed three new additions to our household. Two orange kittens and one black one. I was devastated because I knew the cat had had them and thought she had abandoned them. I heard meowing two days later in my dumpster and ran to grab Jande (she is better under high pressure situations :) She rescued the kittens while I ran around like a lunatic. The kitties are in our garage (much to Mark's chagrin) and doing fantastic. The kids and I are loving them. Mark, not so much. He's more of a dog person.

Launa also learned how to ride her two-wheeler. I so appreciate her intensity. When she wants to do something she WILL do it.

Kate riding the scooter is kind-of awesome!! She doesn't like the baby version and can barely see over the big one, but she's a maniac on that thing and flies around the corners like it's nothing, giggling the entire time. I love it.

Jande and I have started getting back into shape. Picture us both attempting yoga, Brayden climbing on her, Launa pulling my pants down (repeatedly), 4 kids trying to do jumping jacks, 2 babies screaming... You know, just a nice relaxing workout. :)

3 comments:

The McGary's said...

oh, your stories make me laugh EVERY TIME I read them! Half of them I have already heard or were apart of them but they still make me laugh. I hadn't heard the lipstick story though, too funny!

vvjenks said...

Stories and more stories to come - at least you can talk about them and laugh (sort of). What an energetic group!

allyson said...

NEVER A DULL MOMENT. IT'S ALL DEJAVU FOR ME. KEEP EM COMING!