CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 7, 2012

A Big Week for "Firsts"

Little Miss Meg (her latest nickname) has started rolling over. When enraged she can really roll over. When she's not, she doesn't see much of a point. I got a decent giggle out of her this week, but I'm still looking forward to her first real "belly laugh". She is sweet as ever, although she really enjoys hanging out in my Baby Bjorn pretty much all day. Launa just learned how to tie her shoe like 35 seconds ago and was so proud of herself. It's amazing how when they finally are interested in learning, everything just starts to click. Her job this summer is caring for our little garden. She is working toward a new bike. We'll see how it goes. Kate continues her thievery. My Mom had just got new Nordstrom shoes for mother's day (seriously, it couldn't have been the $8 flip flops!!:). She called after I had left and asked if I had seen them because she couldn't find them. I asked the girls and no one fessed up (I should preface this with a small story -- Launa once got mad at my Dad and stole his glasses and hid them. They found them like two months later after he already got replacements). Kate did however mention something about the garbage. My Mom spent a couple hours searching high and low, my Dad rifled through every garbage and the dumpster, I looked everywhere-- and, no shoes. I finally bribed Kate by telling her she could have a brownie if she would find Grandma's shoes. She marched outside and into one of my Mom's planting beds and pulled them out of the shrubs. Why this is fun for her baffles me? I think she is notorious at church for being a real "ball of fire". I also had a couple funny conversations with Launa this week as well. She wanted something and when I told her no, she did her usual "Why not?!!" The first two times I explained it to her and about the third and fourth round I finally said "Because I said so!!!!" She looked at me and said "That doesn't even make any sense!!" Then she also got mad and told me "You are NOT a stay-at-home Mommy." I said, "Okay, why not?" She replied with "You are a WORKING Mommy. All you want to do is work. Make the beds. Plant the plants. Pull the weeds... You are a working Mommy". Maybe her perception was a little off. I don't know too many (okay, none) stay-at-home Mommies who are not working Mommies.

1 comment:

allyson said...

I am laughing out loud.

Kate & Launa, sittin in a tree. K A T E LaunaV. First comes clepto, then comes moutho. Then comes mamma with the prozaco! I just made that up! Needs to be sung to the nursery rhyme to get the full effect.