CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 6, 2011

When Your Child Thinks They are the Parent...

I was taking a bath a couple days ago when Launa tested the water and informed me "Mom, that water is too hot!! Your doctor told you that you could not take hot baths!!" I am no longer taking her to Dr. appointments with me. She listens to EVERYTHING they say and then hounds me about it. Last time, she laughed her little head off and made fun of me for peeing in a cup.

Last week, we were at a busy intersection and I said under my breath "Shoot! I should have gone"! Launa from the back seat within seconds said "You said a swear word mom (only she actually let me know which swear word it was -- I will edit it for the blog)! I said, I did not, I said shoot! She said, "Nope, you said it. I heard it and I'm telling Dad."

I have started making her work and do chores around the house. One day, she felt overworked. She told me, "I have cleaned the bathrooms, scrubbed the floors, dusted, put toys away, and all you've done is watch tv and lay around!" For the record, I was supervising the cleaning, doing the major cleaning and folding laundry but she doesn't see it that way. Pray for God to bless me with more patience...

2 comments:

liv said...

this made me smile :) Thanks Ashley. What entertainment at your house! :) Hope all is well. Lets get together soon!

Brock and Emily Gibbons said...

that cracks me up! she is SO funny!