CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Kate is Two!!

Katie Bug turned two years old on September 2nd! What a fast two years!! It seems like it went so much faster with my second than it did with my first. We just did her well-child check (which never happens, every time I go in she has something wrong with her and needs medicine, blood tests, yada, yada, yada...). She was 36" tall and 29 pounds. I have to do a blood test today to find out why she likes the taste of dirt. Today she got mud on her pants, wiped it with her hands, and then was licking it off her fingers like it was frosting!! Gross!! She just finished a huge growth spurt. Jen will be doing her two year pictures in the near future so I am looking forward to poisting those.

At two, Kate can say pretty much anything she wants. She tells Launa, "Nauna, you crazy!" and tells me exactly which shows she wants (currently it's Care Bears -- over and over and over again), which outfits she wants, what she wants to eat, etc. Her favorite saying is "No! I don't wike it!" She cannot make herself sit still unless she is exhausted or sick. I am constantly telling her while we eat, sit down! She regularly falls off the chairs and stools because she can't sit still and can weasel out of a high chair or a shopping cart in nothing flat. Yesterday, Mark and I were unloading some stuff out of his truck and I could hear her crying in the kitchen. When I went in, she was standing on the countertop and had unloaded the cupboard and spices and thrown all the knives on the floor. There was actually one sticking up, with the blade in the hardwoods!! Ahhhh!! I need childproof locks for the UPPER cabinets too!!

She loves to read books, but is impatient about turning the pages. She is also very sweet and loving. She gives me kisses and lovies and wants to call her Daddy on the phone and talk to him about 25 times a day. When I ask her "where's daddy" she tells me, "I don't know. Working, " or "changing wata".

Her favorite song is the "Daddy Song" from nursery or "Sweet Caroline". Her favorite food is probably cinnamon rolls or anything with frosting. She is a morning person and it amazes me how she can go to bed so late, cry half hte night, and wake me up all perky, mauling me and telling me "Hi, Mommy!"

She really is my little pride and joy -- so busy and quirky, but so fun and sweet! Happy Birthday, Kate!

No comments: