CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Name Game

I am officially in nesting mode. I am rearranging, reorganizing, repainting and stressed that I still haven't decided on a name and don't feel close to deciding on a name. Here's a list of a few we (when I say we, I mean that I have exhausted Mark on the subject and he no longer cares -- so it's mainly just me) like and are considering? What do you think? I realize that not everyone is going to like every name and ultimately, my belly is the one rapidly growing so I will have to decide, but it's fun to hear ideas!! Generally, I lean toward names that are not on the top 40 list but still aren't too crazy.

1. Marley (it's a combo of Mark & Ashley, and I actually think it's kind-of cute with Mollotte)
2. Vienna (I love how sophisticated it sounds, maybe just a little stuffy, but I do love the nickname Vivi.)
3. Hollie (I've liked every Holly I've ever known -- suitable for a Winter baby)
4. Amelia (Millie for short)
5. Lydia (I've always loved this, but for some reason, I like my kids to have different initials)
6. Lyla (Loved it since I saw Autumn Rush. Mark sings "Hey There Delilah" every time I mention it -- also, it's another "L" name
7. Nora (Could be Eleanor for a longer name)
8. Meg
9. Olive
10.Paige

There are plenty of others but since we both come from rather large families, most are taken. Alright, I'm anxiously awaiting more suggestions...

8 comments:

tonyandalli said...

Ha ha! I just did a post like this too! We must be feeling very much the same...
Marley, Lyla, Nora, Paige and Hollie are all ADORABLE! I love them all and you can't choose wrong! I love the nickname Vivi, too bad Vivienne is taken! Tear... And Vienna is lovely too! Those men just don't understand how we so strongly associate our bellies with the singular identity of our babies. Babies who need names!
I guess we're on our own...

Drew and Valarie's Family Blog said...

I LOVE Marley!!!!!! I think it's perfect with Mollotte :)

allyson said...

I vote for Marley!

The McGary's said...

I think Vienna Is a cute name but unfortunately for me every time I hear it I think of the horrible girl from the bachelor( I know I am the horrible one for watching it) but I love vivi. I still love Holly and olive is very cute! Really I like them all and I'm sure if you used Vienna she would change the bad image I have in my head:)

Kyle & Beth Pettit said...

I love Marley. We know a little girl named Marlee and she is adorable. I also love the name Lyla. Super cute!!!

Randi and Adam said...

I vote Marley or Olive. :)

vvjenks said...

I like Marley, Vienna, and Holley or whatever else you like.

Amanda & Garlan McCoy said...

I LOVE Lyla!