CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Day In the Life

Let me give you a little insight into let's say the typical day at my house, we'll use today for example...

Launa left early to go the primary temple trip with her Grandma & Grandpa and it was the cutest thing ever watching her holding her Grandpa's hand on the way out to the car, so excited. I got a little teary-eyed. She seems so grown up.

I thought having two kids would be harder than just one, but believe it or not, when Launa leaves, Kate kicks into overdrive!! It's like she doesn't have enough stimulation. Here's the day breakdown:

8:30 AM -- I schedule to do the girl's pictures with my sister-in-law Jen later that day.

9:00 AM -- I call to cancel the picture taking. Kate fell off the bed (she was evidently climbing on) and cut up her chin. She is following me around climbing all over me, jumping off everything, wanting me to catch her. In the meantime, I am trying to do laundry, sweep, etc. She follows me around trying to eat anything worth eating in the pile.

11:00 AM -- Kate sees "Sheetos" in the top of the pantry. Truthfully, I am window shopping online so I give them to her. About 15 minutes later, I find them crushed all over upstairs. There is a trail from the stairs through the entire room. Also, there are a few hand prints on the couch. Good thing it's just a slipcover. You'd think I'd learn my lesson and quit giving them chips. I just get too tempted by the idea of 20 minutes of peace.


2:00 PM -- The neighbor kid,Braden, who is Kate's age, comes over. He's an angel. The kid will sit on my lap and snuggle and watch TV, it's amazing. I can't imagine my children being like that. Launa also arrives home at this time. Launa evidently climbs up the steps to get the chips out of the pantry and gives Braden some. She is attempting to be helfpul.

2:30 PM -- Chips all over the halls. I try to read Kate a book. She gets frustrated the pages aren't turning fast enough and accidentally clocks me in the eye ball with the corner of the book. Momentary rage and then I realize she's 18 months and it's just an accident.

5:30 PM -- Launa was in my bed watching her "own" shows. I walk in just as Kate has climbed on my bed, stolen Launa's bag of chips she had snuck in and dumped them all over the bed. We vaccuum and sweep yet again while I ban chips from the house.

6:00 PM -- I start dinner and run into the laundry room to change up the laundry. I come back and Kate has climbed the refrigerator to reach the eggs and crushed them all over the wood floors and is playing in them.

PRESENT TIME -- I am trying to update the blog. I have moved three times with the laptop because Kate has been climbing over my shoulders to try to close the laptop, press the buttons, and pretty much step or kick anything she can. I finally moved too high so she is now sliding Launa's barstool around so that Launa can't sit down and laughing about it while Launa screams and cries.


Did I mention that Mark is itching for another baby? This is the busy season for his work so he isn't hear much and just hears bits and pieces. I lost my mind a long time ago, maybe he is following in my footsteps.

4 comments:

Andersen said...

We need to get together!! I think most days I am going to loose it. Yes, I don't have kids climbing everything but I do have peanut butter jelly sandwich smeared all on Max's floor because he was trying to feed his brother! Your life sounds exciting definetly!!

The Walker Family said...

Thanks for updating Ash, your posts are a highlight for me! I think you and I are on opposite sides of the spectrum right now...your life is really exciting and mine isnt exciting enough!:) how about we trade for a day? but just one day-- that would probably be enough for both of us!
As for Mark itching for another baby.....I'm thinking you should have him babysit more often ;)

tonyandalli said...

Hmmm, maybe when we weren't looking my kids taught Launa and Kate how THEY eat chips and it caught on!
If you want... I will help you make one of those paper chain count down things. There's only about 395 days left till Launa goes to kindergarten, right?

vvjenks said...

Just take it one day at a time--it could get worse--maybe not though.