CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 4, 2011

Curiosity

My latest conversation with Launa is as follows:

Launa: Mom, Did you know that babies come out of your private spot? And then they ruin it.

(Getting my composure together)
Me: Really? Who told you that?

Launa: Alexa (my 4-year old niece). So, you said they come out your belly button. Why do you have a belly button if babies don't come out of there?

Me: Um... yeah, Alexa's right. They come out your private spot.

Launa: That's kind-of yucky don't you think? How do you get it out?

Me: Well, you go see the Doctor and you have to push really hard.

Launa: Don't they get stuck in your pants?

Me: Uh, you have to take your pants off.

Launa: And your pannies?!!!

Me: Yeah.

Launa: Oh man, I'm never having a baby.

My sister said maybe this curiosity will pay off and she will be a doctor some day? Last week we had a conversation about why boys can pee outside and girls can't (she tried and ended up with pee all over). She wanted to know what the boy private spots are called? She didn't like the technical term and said she would just use her own made up name. Fine by me. Her questions are forcing me to be more mature than I think I'm ready to be.

She's not just curious about anatomy, she is curious about EVERYTHING!! She basically follows me around and asks me why I do everything the way I do. She asked me how many days all the other people who have died have to wait before they be resurrected. She asks how far up in the sky heaven is and if Jesus sleeps?

5 comments:

Randi and Adam said...

I swear your daughter is the funniest kid! I can't believe the things she comes up with. Mady will be 5 in June and I don't even know that I've heard her say the word "resurection!" ha ha! She has seriously some personality!!! definitely would keep you on your toes. "does Jesus sleep?" HA HA HA HA!

The McGary's said...

Glad it was you and not me that she asked that question to, I wouldn't have known what to tell her.

allyson said...

She's a genius in the making!

vvjenks said...

Quite the girl isn't she?? If only the rest of us had asked some of those questions!!

Launa will keep us all hopping!! Love her to pieces.

Drew and Valarie's Family Blog said...

Oh my gosh!!! I was laughing so hard when I read the baby convo!!! That's tooooo funny!!!!!! what a cute kid!!!