CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 8, 2010

Launa's Third Birthday






I've missed a few holidays in between... Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas but this will be a good indication of how most holidays go with Launa. This year she wanted a Princess theme party so my Mom helped me make this awesome cake, I got her Princess dress-up box and before her birthday she seemed excited. The day of her birthday, when she woke up I said "Launa, it's your birthday today" and she yelled at me "No! Uh-uh!" and I knew it was going to be a fun day. :)

While I was working on the cake, Launa chopped her hair off herself. We cut her hair to be somewhat reasonable and then headed to the party. She refused all day to take a nap, then fell asleep in the car on the way to the party. At the party, she yelled at everyone for singing Happy Birthday, yelled at the kids for trying to watch her and help her open gifts, and then yelled at us when we ate her castle cake. What a day... Needless to say, when she wonders why I no longer throw her birthday parties over the next 5 years, this will be my proof of what a joyous occasion it was!

On a side note, we got home that night and she was tickled pink about all of her gifts and wanted everything opened and was sweet as pie. Go figure.

The final picture is of my mother-in-law who shares Launa's birthday so she also got a picture with the cake. :)

8 comments:

The McGary's said...

I still have to see Launa in action because in my eyes she is so sweet and quiet:) Love the cake too, great job!

The Black Family said...

what a fun day! Both girls are so cute, and what a fun cake for Launa. Good job are you for hire? I stink at cake's. Glad to hear what you have been up to.

Kersten said...

ha ha, that is too funny. I remember Nate getting angry one time after we sang to him. Happy Birthday Launa!

Unknown said...

Before I read your post, I was think how cute Launa's hair was! You did a great job cutting it! And that cake is AWESOME! Sorry we didn't get to see you over Christmas. Hope you had a great New Years!

Andersen said...

Sounds like my little Max! A little stinker when we are around everyone but get him at home, he is sweeter than all get out! I love the cake too and your little girls are getting so big!! She is 3 already?

Jon, Julee, Maddie, & Dane said...

Look how opposite your girls are, that is too cute. I love all that thick dark hair! Glad to see a new post.

Yatesfam said...

Wow that Cake is darling! Great job. And you did a great job fixing her hair. It looks so cute! My daughter dis that just recently only there really was no saving it. Good thing hair grows back ;). You and your girls are so cute!!

allyson said...

An occasion to remember! The cake is amazing, her hair is adorable and you look hot so the day couldn't have been that bad, could it? Just kidding. I feel your pain. You need to take up drinking. It will make it all better. (Diet Pepsi of course).