CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Paybacks


As a child, I was quite a wanderer. I got lost at malls, DisneyLand, ballgames, etc. I distinctly remember running through department stores and hiding in between all the clothes so my Mom couldn't find me, and getting spanked for it. Today I decided to venture out and do some Christmas shopping by myself with Launa. I was well prepared (container of M&Ms for bribery, her "Bambi" toy, her purse so she didn't ransack mine - you get the picture). I spent most of the time bribing her with candy and chasing her while she ran and laughed. Fianlly, I was checking out. She was within sight and I was saying "Launa, come get your candy" while I was signing and getting my purchase. I turned around and she was gone. I spent the next five minutes running through the store looking for her. I finally found an older lady who told me Launa had run out through the clothes, handed the lady her reindeer and then grabbed her hand. Launa laughed when I finally found her and tried to run again. I'm sure my Mom is reading this blissfully from her computer. :)

6 comments:

The McGary's said...

Oh Ashley, I wish I could watch you from a distance and just observe this one!! I can picture it and just laugh. I love that she is doing things you did, I just think it is too cute. Kyla wonders as well but I don't think she does it knowingly she just likes to find the toys:)

Andersen said...

Good times! She is so cute! You need to get one of those harnesses for kids. hehehehe Atleast now you have something to write in her book!

vvjenks said...

You are right!! I was smiling the whole way through the little active story!

I've often wondered why kids wait until you are preoccupied to do their hiding??

Enjoy the flashbacks!

The McGary's said...

We try to still play basketball but lately people have really been slacking. There are about four of us that are pretty consistent and then a few others come occassionally and then there are times when there are over 10. Anyway, with the holidays and stuff people have just been so busy so hopefully come January people will be more consistent becaue I had driving 10 minutes to the church and not have enough to play. That would be so fun to play a game with you guys, but I am warning you we have all levels of abilities, from college players to never played the game before, but we still have a good time:)

allyson said...

Is that really Launa in the picture? She looks so grown up.

At least you were a mellow teenager so if paybacks are true, you're safe. I'm in big trouble!

Andersen said...

Are you going to be around for the holidays? We should all get together. I want to see that little girl of yours again!! Also I need your address. You can email it to me at jade_lynn_@hotmail.com. Also, I got my background at http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/
Have fun!