CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 16, 2012

What a Little Perspective Can Do...

Last night, we watched the movie "17 Miracles" about the Willie Handcard Co that walked across the plains as part of the Mormon pioneers. I cried multiple times. I can't imagine suffering like that, or more than anything else, having to watch my children suffer like that.

I just read a blog about a mother whose baby had "ED", a skin disease where everything that touches him at all causes excrutiating pain and sores all over his body. She can't even hold and comfort him because her touch hurts him. Suddenly, Kate dumping milk all over the island and coloring all over the walls and Launa yelling at me over her outfit and hair seemed like gifts. I lead a blessed life. Sometimes a little perspective is exactly what I need to remind me of that.

1 comment:

Randi and Adam said...

I totally agree. We watched that movie for the first time last week...it had me in tears and left me feeling so humbled and grateful for what I have. Id like to think I would be as strong as those women, but I cant imagine watching my kids suffer that way. It makes all the little things, the things I get SO mad over, seem meaningless. Great movie.