CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Meg Caroline Mollotte

We welcomed our sweet little Meg Caroline into our family at 1:28 AM on January 19, 2011. She weighed 7 pounds and was 18 3/4" long. She looks a lot like Launa, just a lot more mild and and not quite as blond and fair. I am in love. I am not one of those people who is dying to hold babies I don't know or anything along those lines, but I forgot how good it feels to snuggle a brand-new newborn baby with their soft skin and sweet little cooing noises. I had strep B so we had a long stay in the hospital. I was ready to leave but I loved having her hunkered down in bed with me as we got to snuggle for a coupe days straight.

The night before I went in, I couldn't sleep very well because #1, I was playing musical beds with Kate and #2 I thought I was having contractions but I didn't think they were the real thing. The next day, Mark told me he thought it was the taco soup because he was also having some pretty severe "contractions". :) I spent the day packing the kid's bags and getting everything that I wanted to get done done just in case. Mark came home that night and even though this is my third go-round, I was still trying to decide if it was the real thing. We left the house for the hospital around 10:30 PM and I think I had my iv and had been checked into the hospital around 12:00 AM. I was at a 5 when I arrived. Once my water broke, it was fast and furious. I went from a 5 to an 8 in like 10 minutes and once again, the Dr. almost missed delivery. She basically threw on her gloves and caught Meg. I got the epidural but went too fast to feel the full effects so that was really a bummer. I was glad it went fast.

We are now home and both doing great!! She is fairly sweet and mellow, but aggressive when she wants something (mostly food). The girls can't get enough of her. They both think she is a real-life baby doll. Launa called me at 1:30 in the morning when she found out I was in the hospital because she was up in arms that I had possibly not packed the correct outfits and headband for her that she had picked out. Welcome to the chaos, sweet Meg!!:)

12 comments:

The McGary's said...

I am not sure how long I can give you your space:). I snuck over yesterday without my kids knowing but you were gone or possibly trying to sleep.

Ashley and Dave said...

SO excited for you!!! Meg is the cutest name and I have always loved it!

The Wieselers said...

Congrats! There's nothing like snuggling a sweet new baby, enjoy!

allyson said...

Taco soup does it every time!

Mark tried to tell me you delivered at home, in the bath and that it was amazing. He thinks he is so funny.

So glad to know that you're all healthy and happy. Wish we were there to help and hold her. Please posts pictures.

tonyandalli said...

I am going to make a huge pot of chili... Today. And eat it every day until I get some results!!
Congrats again... Can't wait to see her!

Andersen said...

Super excited for you guys!!! Hope you are recovering well and hopefully I will get to meet her sometime soon. I mean, we don't live to far apart from each other. :)

yatesfam said...

Congrats!! Glad everything went smoothly.

The Black Family said...

Yay!!! Congrats!! So happy that you have her here, and everything is well. Hope you are getting some sleep. Wish I lived closer to take your other two cuties!! Lots of hugs for all of you!!

Drew and Valarie's Family Blog said...

congrats ashley!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to your baby girl!!!!

Meg said...

I'm so flattered Ash! Or at least glad I didn't ruin the name for ya ;). Congrats!

vvjenks said...

Little Meg really is a beautiful little girl just like the other beautiful girls in the family. Her name fits her perfectly. We are here to help you and love you!

Amanda & Garlan McCoy said...

Congrats Ashley! I love the name too. Can't wait to see pictures.