CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Kids are Messy!!!

Kids are messy. It's just the way it is. I don't know why I'm STILL surprised when they make huge messes. Meg has turned into a tyrant. Mark had to dig a bar of soap out of the toilet that Meg had flushed (Kate didn't know it wasn't working and pooped in it. SO glad I was gone for that one -- yuck!!). I dug my missing shoes out of the garbage can where Meg threw them. I've washed a couple shoes and other miscellaneous items she threw in the washer when I was gathering items to start it. She for some reason, likes to try to eat markers (an improvement from Kate's dirt eating fetish I think). She can now get up the swing set ladder no problem and tries to go face first down the slide, which is quite steep. Still... after all this, not even close to the worst mess of the week. Launa got ahold of food coloring, yes, food coloring!! She for some reason packed it up in her craft bag to take to play with her cousins at Mark's parents. At one point, she wanted something and was lassoing the bag around her head. The food coloring evidently leaked and a half hour later we were trying to figure out what the "specks" on the floor were. While trying to clean them the "specks" turned into multi colored spots all over my mother-in-laws new $40/yard light beige carpet (not like two spots, like 30). An investigation turned up the food coloring and Launa hid outside in their shed for two hours and snuck into the car to go home. Roughly four hours of scrubbing and 18 products later, the spots are still there. It's very 80s. I am working on replacing it so at least it can be fixed. I realize there are much worse problems, but it wasn't a highlight of the week. Kate also thinks she's "Kitty Kate" and paints whiskers and a cat nose on her face every chance she gets. I just leave it. She'll only be three for a little while I suppose. Yesterday, she put the same face on Meg. She was her "sister kitty". I'm sure one day I'll be glad I record this stuff, right?

3 comments:

Andersen said...

There was a food color accident over at Sally's too. Chloe and Aleeah were very quiet for a long time and they found them playing with the bottles down on Sally's new carpet. They some how got it out. I will ask what they used and get back to you. :)

The Walker Family said...

Oh, Ash, if your writing wasnt so funny I'd be crying for you! have you tried windex? or other ammonia based products? good luck!

vvjenks said...

Isn't raising kids the best?? All fun stories to tell after you live through it all - I know!!