CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ready or Not, Baby #2 is on the Way!!

Launa's potty trained (kind-of)

I'm going to make a crazy confession here that going to be taboo... I think if I were to choose a profession based solely on the day-to-day duties, "Housewife" would be like 385th on my list.

To see my perspective, you have to understand where I'm coming from. In the past 24 hours, I've scooped poop from panties and put it in the toilet TWICE, discovered M&M colored hand prints all over my white duvet cover, put Launa's clothes back in the drawer so she could tear them all out again, tripped over pitchers of water that Launa has figured out how to fill herself, cleaned up the water, woke up at 4 when Launa was demanding the "Rock-a-bye chair", washed a ridiculous amount of laundry for three people, confiscated a knife, TylenolPM pills, and scissors from Launa and gotten kicked for it (and yes, I put them up high, she's intuitive and incredibly ambitious), watched 2 (okay 3) episodes of Dora, started contemplating dinner, cleaned bathrooms -- you get the picture, and I have a family of THREE. So if someone posted a job description for "Housewife", call me crazy, but I probably wouldn't apply. But for some reason, when you love someone or something, you're willing to do crazy things. Launa also told me a "secret" (that she loves me) a bunch today, gave me snuggles, brushed my hair for me, and made me jump on her bed with her, and Mark did take her last night and put her to bed and let me sleep, so I guess you take the bad with the good.



There is one category of "housewife" or mothering that you can't explain, the job satisfaction category. When there are sweet moments and milestones, there is nothing more satisfying, and for that, I'll continue to endure long days filled with sometimes menial tasks for probably the rest of my life.



Now I'll get to the point, the big reason for my rant is that we are officially expecting baby #2 on September 8th and I'm contemplating life with two Launa's. Here's to cleaning up more poop and getting less sleep! :) In all seriousness, I am really excited and can't wait to meet him or her. Mark would appreciate it if everyone would pray fervently for us to have a boy, but I'm completely content with a healthy baby (okay, one that is a good sleeper is also on my wish list, so you can slip that in there:).



Sorry for the lengthy entry, since I post once every three months, I'll have to upload some pictures I finally got off my camera.

14 comments:

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Congrats Ashley! So nice to hear that someone else has had a day like mine!!! It's a good thing they're cute...that's all I gotta say!!!

I know you're an awesome mom. Launa & Baby #2 are lucky to have you! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well.

Unknown said...

Aww Congrats guys! Trevor told me the other day and I was so excited for you!!

Andersen said...

Congratulations!!!! We are so excited for the both of you... well all three of you. You made potty training sound so glamorous! :) I hope your feeling good! Let me know what I can do to help if you need anything. I hear you live in BC again.

ellsworth family said...

Congrats...on both counts; the baby and Launa being potty trained ("kind of").
It isn't really until after being a mom that you realize how glamorous "housewife" really is. All the poopy diapers, runny noses, heaps of laundry, stinky toilets, sleepless nights, etc. I hear ya! But somehow, crazy at it sounds, it is all worth it.
I heard you are living in Basin City...hows that?

The McGary's said...

I was so happy to hear you were pregnant and after hearing your dilemma and was trying to think so hard of what you could do and I came up with nothing! You are a saint and Launa is sure cute to me:) I am praying you get a sleeper this go around it really does make a huge difference. Hope you are feeling good cause being sick is the PITS!

allyson said...

I wish I could tell you it gets better...and I will. It does get better. You can do this! Just keep telling yourself that.

My advice on the underwear, when #2happens in them, throw them away. They're not worth saving.

Love ya lots!
Ally

Yatesfam said...

Congratulations! 2 is so fun...despite the extra messes and such. How exciting. iT must be the season cause I have found out at least 6 people are expecting within the last week!! Crazy!

Potty training is so fun huh?! We were doing so good but this last week has been a nightmare with both my girls. Oh well... Good luck and hope you are feeling great and that everything goes well. keep us posted!

vvjenks said...

After you live through it, it's all worth it!

Keep smiling cuz it gets better in about 20 years. I love life and I love all of you.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Ashley! I just got on your blog for the first time and what a great suprise! Not only do you have one adorable little girl, but one on the way! They sure are lucky kiddos. You must be so much fun as a mom. Your day sounds all too familiar to me, except mine usually includes a little bit more mud and manure! :) My blog is wyomingwinters@blogspot.com if you want to see three wild boys! Love ya, Hannah

Jenks Family said...

Ashley- I'm having a modbe party this friday the 20th at my house 5-7 pm. Check out my blog for details. Hope you can come

Shannon said...

So what would it be like to watch a t.v. show YOU wanted to watch? Kids tend to take it over. It's all overwhelming. All I can recommend is sleep, and you know there's never enough.

I'm still waiting for Barbie birthday cake pictures.

Drew and Valarie's Family Blog said...

yayayayaya!!! congrats!!!

Deborah Austin said...

Congrats!!! That is so exciting... Oh there will be days like this one where you will think How the heck am I going to live through this, or how the heck is my kid gonna live through this and then others where you will think these are the best rewards ever:) Like you already get to see.

I like your house wife job description, I don't think if it was spelled out like that many of us would chose it, its the job satisfaction that really keeps us going.

Just so you know potty training is my very by far least favorite mommy job I HATE POTTY TRAINIG so if you can endure it kudos to you.

Well I am so excited for you and I am with you healthy babies that sleep are all we want as mama's

Jody said...

I heard what you are having! Congrats!! (sorry Mark) They will have so much fun together. I loved having my first two boys in a row (does that make sense?) - they have always been such good friends and played together so well. Launa's adorable - I need to see her! It's been too long. You need to come for a visit and make sure we get to see you guys.