CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!!

I'm a couple days late, but my Dad just had his 58th birthday on September 13th and I wanted to do a post on a few reasons why he's the best...

#1. He is a great listener
#2. He has a great sense of humor and can laugh at himself
#3. He offers great advice (and generally only when you ask for it which is rare!)
#4. He shares my love for reading and history so we always have a lot to talk about
#5. He cared (and still cares) more about his family and children than about money (actions speak louder than words in this case... I'm a girl and he has rarely missed any events in my life, he worked a lot but made time when we needed him)
#6. He is genuine (You'll never see him pretending, "what you see is what you get")
#7. He is a "man's man" -- loves sports, fishing, isn't picky about the house or food, etc.
#8. He is always fun to be around
#9. I've always known how much he loved my Mom
#10. He is open-minded and fair (although I have heard him say "life's not fair" quite frequently:)
#11. He sympathizes & has empathy with me through the unpleasant aspects of life
#12. He is just a good person all around.
#13. He is a patient teacher (unless we're talking about water skiing :)
#14. He takes the time to be one of my best friends

I love you Dad!! I'm so glad you were born 58 years ago!

5 comments:

The McGary's said...

What a sweet post:) I miss being around your Dad, he makes me laugh!!

Shannon said...

I enjoyed reading what you wrote about Dad. I agree with all of it.

Andersen said...

You are such a sweet daughter. My poor dad just gets a book on his birthday. I miss you tons and your family. Maybe we can get together soon and catch up. Take care!

Aleighy said...

I'm glad I found your blog. It's so fun staying in touch with people you grow up with. Launa is so cute! Will you PLEASE tell Lacey she needs to start a blog?!?

Jody said...

Hey Ashley! I saw your blog on Alli's. Launa is adorable and I'd love to see this mean streak that you talk about. She doesn't look like she would hurt a fly!
She is looking older and has changed a lot since the days of scratching my neck to a bloody pulp. :) Just kidding - it was only once and she was just looking for silkies. Completely innocent. Hope you guys are doing well and enjoying Washington.